Baked Broccoli & Cauliflower with Gouda Cheese Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring and large pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, place the milk and flour in a medium pot and whisk to combine; set over medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Whisk in half the cheese and the paprika, cayenne, nutmeg, salt and white pepper. Reserve the sauce on low heat.
- When the water is boiling, add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain well, cool in cold water, and then drain well again.
- Arrange the broccoli and cauliflower in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Pour over the gouda cheese sauce; sprinkle with the remaining grated gouda cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, or until golden on top and the sauce is bubbly.